- (931) 372 6383
The purpose of this project is to promote highway safety among teens and focus on seatbelt compliance.
This project is also intended to be directed by the teens themselves, therefore promoting leadership, development, and ownership of highway safety issues. “Click it & Ticket” is a play on words of the usual slogan of “Click it OR Ticket” in that CIAT rewards students at seatbelt check points who arrive at school wearing their seatbelts with a “Citation of Good Behavior," and students found not to be wearing their seatbelts with a “Warning: Poor Choice” citation. Those receiving a good citation will also be eligible to win at least one grand prize of a $100 gift card, which is 10 times the amount typically assessed to a teen found not wearing their seatbelt.
CIAT is sponsored by State Farm Insurance. For more information on State Farm's safe driving initiatives, please visit www.betterteendriving.com.
1. Identify a faculty or staff member, or an appropriate club leader (ex. President of your school's "safe teen driving" club) to coordinate a seat belt checkpoint.
2. Click the following link to sign up your school for the CIAT program. A minimum of 15 schools will be selected for participation, on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Sign Up for CIAT!
1. Check here to fill out the and submit your school's information for the program.
2. Upon selection, the Tennessee Highway Safety Office will send a "Getting Started" package to your school. Follow the instructions in the informational pamphlet and conduct youth-led planning meetings to accomplish the tasks on the "Project Planning Checklist."
3. Determine a baseline of seat belt compliance using the CIAT digital application for smartphones.
4. Set a date for your "Click It & Ticket" school-wide awareness event.
5. Determine a follow-up level of seat belt compliance (after the awareness event) using the CIAT digital application for smartphones.
To Get Your Points:
1. Execute your "Click It & Ticket" event and present student incentive awards.
2. Submit your final results via the process outlined on the checklist.
3. Photograph/video the event and prepare a presentation of the entire project and its findings.
Click "Submit Your Points."
1. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
2. Upload your event presentation as well as a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo.)