- (931) 372 6383
Students can team up to create engaging magazines and enter them in the Decide to Drive Student Contest for a chance to win cash prizes and technology.
Student teams can win:
- $1,000 per First Place team member
- $500 per Second Place team member
- $250 per Third Place team member
The teacher advisor named on each winning team's submission will win:
- A tablet computer (up to a value of $750)
1. Create a 3-4 member team dedicated to producing the distracted-driving awareness and prevention magazine.
2. Visit Scholastic.com's "Decide to Drive: A Student Advocacy Program" contest page for comprehensive details on the requirements of the magazine.
3. Once your magazine is complete, make sure you read over it to look for typos, missing text, missing images, or missing chart captions and labels. When you are happy with the final version, save it as a PDF, attach it to an email and submit it in an email to DecidetoDrive@aaos.org. You must also attach a team photo. The body of the email must contain:
Team member names and grades
Teacher's phone number
Teacher's email address
To Get Your Points:
1. Click "Submit Your Points."
2. Upload the same information submitted in Step 3 (above) as well as a brief summary of the activity, including photo identification(s).
**Note -- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!**