- (931) 372 6383
Request a "No Texting While Driving, It's the Law" sign to hang up in a public area.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), for drivers 15-19 years old involved in fatal crashes, 21 percent of the distracted drivers were distracted by the use of cell phones. For more statistics on texting and driving, please visit Distraction.gov.
1. Nominate your school for the program to begin receiving fully funded metal signs warning against texting and driving.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the metal "No Texting and Driving" sign for your school.
To get your points:
*Schools that have already submitted points in previous years for this activity must take new photos with the sign and submit these pictures to earn points again this year.
1. Install a "No Texting While Driving" sign in your school's parking lot or on the main road way.
2. Take a photo of the sign that demonstrates its role in creating awareness (Ex: Students posing next to/under the sign).
3. Click "Submit Your Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter, and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
5. Upload your school's photo and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).