1. Anyone can do this. All you need is a thumb, some nail polish and the desire to be safer behind the wheel. Host it to recognize an event, campaign or the memory of a fellow student lost to a traffic crash.
2. Find some nail polish. Hit up the local mall. Or order some on Amazon. Maybe as your sister. Or your mom.
3. Paint the thumbnail on the hand you use to hold your phone. Or ask somebody to do it for you. It's less messy that way.
4. Host a table or booth at a school event or during lunch periods, study hall or homeroom and paint the thumbs of your peers. Change the color to represent your school. Just paint those thumbs and support the reminder to not text and drive.
5. Be reminded. Stop using your phone while driving. Pass the word along to others. Feel pretty darn good.
6. Wave your thumb in the air like you totally care. Show your followers your red thumb on Instagram with #redthumbreminder and we'll share it with the world.
To Get Your Points:
1. Host a table or booth at a school event or during lunch periods, study hall or homeroom and paint the thumbs of your peers.
2. Take photos of the event.
3. Click "Submit Your Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
5. Upload your photo and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
**Note -- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!**